First Line Service Desk Engineer
The First Line Service Desk Engineer role is both technical and requires great communication skills. At the forefront of the business dealing with clients issues patiently, yet proactively this position needs the right person, with the right attitude. You will be experienced in providing remote support to clients, being an escalation point to level one technicians and providing back-end support for our monitoring systems.
- Point of contact for customer calls and emails to the service desk
- Monitor, categorise, set priority of incoming tickets
- Triage and first fix of incoming tickets
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Microsoft, VMware and Citrix.
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, 365 and Azure would be preferable.
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Technical services and support of VoIP telephony solutions
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN and Remote Desktop Services
- System monitoring
- Support a wide variety of customer-specific line-of-business applications
- Support Business Continuity Suite monitoring and adaptive fix.
- System documentation
Additional Duties And Responsibilities:
- Have a can do attitude
- Work efficiently and productively to achieve and exceed SLA’s, KPI’s and profitability targets
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise [our ticketing and automation system] as it occurs
- Work through a daily schedule in ConnectWise that has been established through the dispatch process
- Work through project tickets and phases in ConnectWise as assigned by a Project Manager
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
- Provide out of hours support on a rota basis
Knowledge, Skills, And/Or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, you must be competent in performing your daily tasks self-managed. Below are the prerequisites we require to be able to fulfill this role.
- Familiar with all Microsoft technologies – Office 365, Windows 7-10, Server 2008-2016, AD, Exchange, Hyper-V
- Proven methodology in fault finding and troubleshoot techniques
- Understanding of TCP/IP, WAN, LAN and Router technologies
- Strong understanding and technical background in an MSP
- Professional IT Certifications – MCP, MCSA, Vendor led qualifications
- Experience with VoIP telephony, both hosted and on premise
- Experience with Microsoft Azure technologies
- ITIL Foundation Certified
- Full driving license essential
- Can-do attitude
- Self-starter, its not a job, it’s a career
- Outstanding communications skills, the kind client love and want to call to speak to you
- Friendly, polite and secretly geeky
- To possess initiative with an inquisitive nature, unafraid to ask appropriate questions
- Go the extra mile when needed – part of the team and extra hours if it gets the job done
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment, multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Service awareness of all client’s key IT services for which support is being provided
Job Category: IT Support Helpdesk
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fareham
Apply for this position
Customer service excellence
Good service levels persuade many business to switch to our managed IT solutions
We provide a wide range of managed IT solutions for businesses located across Hampshire, West Sussex and beyond. Many businesses choose to switch their managed IT services to us to benefit from our high customer service levels.
"Matrix IT handled everything for us" — Head – Hampshire School
Our school desperately needed an upgrade to it’s Wi-Fi network. Matrix IT handled everything for us. They found us the right technology and installed it very quickly, with no disruption. Very professional and reliable.