This month’s staff bio is Lou, our Operations Director. She has been a loyal team member for twelve years. We hope you enjoy finding out a little bit more about the person behind the operation
- What is your name, age, place of birth, job role and length of service at Matrix IT
Louise Gascoigne, Operations Director, 12 years at Matrix. Born in Aberdeen ?
- If you could do one thing in life what would that be?
I love music so I’d like to travel to as many cities in the world and watch a live band in each one.
- What are your hobbies and passions?
My CV would say swimming and reading but really, it’s wine tasting.
- How would you describe yourself?
Always busy! And funny, especially when I’m partaking in my hobby!
- Do you have any pets and children?
I have a beautiful teenage daughter called Morgan and a gorgeous Jackapoo called Dudley.
He came along so at least someone would be pleased to see me!
- What is your favourite possession?
My home, as that’s where I am the happiest.
- What is your favourite quote?
One day your life will flash before your eyes, make sure it’s worth watching ~ Gerard Way
- What motivates or inspires you?
I like a challenge as I can see the end goal and want to make sure I get there.
- What are your goals for the future?
To live by my favourite quote and to make life more adventurous I am doing a Skydive on 6th April for charity.
- What do you love most about your job?
Never a dull day, fast-paced changing environment and all the team get on well.
- Describe your biggest achievement to date
I guess that would have to be starting as an administrator back in 2006 and being made a Director at Matrix in 2013.
- Who is your idol, mentor or someone that inspires you?
John Cronin, Co-founder of Matrix. He got me to where I am today.
- Why Matrix?
Matrix started out as a family business and despite our growth, we’ve maintained that ethos and care about our staff and customers.