Have you got a social media policy set in place? Do your employees know the the do’s and don’ts of posting on the companies social media platforms?
A social media policy is all the procedures and guide lines for any employee using their companies social media platforms so that they are aware that it will be promotional use and company updates only and not for personal use. This is important as most businesses will wait until they have faced a PR disaster until they put a policy in place to protect them from future mishaps, however, by that time, the companies reputation could have been affected, which in turn could damage their brand.
In another light this policy could be regarded as training for employees because after reading and agreeing to it, they’ll know what’s required for a post and that will help the company in the long term.
Reasons why a social media policy is important:
- Gives employees direction because they know what they can and can’t do on social media (will vary from company to company).
- Protect your company’s reputation – You don’t want anything negative being posted online or confidential information given away.
- Employees understand the consequences if they do breach the guidelines.
- Improves efficiency – No or limited social media at work means employees are 100% focused on the task at hand, meaning more work gets done with less distractions.
- Provide clarity around the organization’s values and culture for customers, employees and the public.
At Matrix we supply the support that most benefits you. If you’d like more information about social media policies or you’re interested in any of our services, please contact us via email or phone us at 01329 888444.